Proposed Staff Job Description
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Coordinator – Part Time
Supervisor: Education Coordinator
Non-Exempt Status: Variable hours on average of 15-20 hours per week $15/ start
Timeline: Applications for this job will no longer be accepted after July 16, 2017.
- Education: College degree in Education and/or experienced as a qualified Christian Educator/leader.
- Understanding and compliance with Lutheran theology, a belief in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the ELCA.
- Experience in program development, administration and management, and communications.
- Experience in developing rapport with adult volunteers and today's children and youth in a manner that affirms faith in Jesus Christ in daily life and conduct and affirms pastoral leadership.
- Skills: Ability to work with people individually or in groups and affirm, provide direction, and encourage their volunteer and learning activities. Able to adapt programming to the changing needs of the Congregation. Able to affirm the leadership goals of the pastors as well as to expect similar affirmation in return as an integral participant in a team ministry as an educator. Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Provides leadership to plan, organize, lead, and implement age appropriate educational opportunities for children ages 3 through 5th grade.
- Gives leadership, support and direction to volunteers within the Sunday school ministry and subsequent committees.
- Engage in the worshipping community
- Work with Education Coordinator, Pastor and staff in team setting.
- Direct and plan, organize, lead and implement structured age appropriate educational programs to support a Christ-centered life for ages 3 through 5th grade at FELC.
- Direct and coordinate volunteers for annual Vacation Bible School.
- Coordinate a Sunday school “kick-off” and Christmas program each year.
- Coordinate a Mission Project for Sunday school that ties in with a yearly theme.
- Engage families of Sunday school children and coordinate retention strategies.
- Hosting the monthly Sunday school Curriculum team meetings, providing direction and insight as needed, while empowering the volunteers to continue to create and facilitate healthy, Lutheran-based curriculum for our Sunday school youth.
Send resume and cover letter to our office at:
First English Lutheran Church of Oshkosh
1013 Minnesota St.
Oshkosh, WI 54902
or use our Online Job Application.