First English Lutheran Church provides a opportunity for youth to come to know the Lord Jesus Christ in a welcoming environment. All youth are accepted and encouraged to live Faithful, Exciting Lives in their faith through worship, Bible study and prayer, while building relationships in a caring Christian community.
- Promote and provide Christ-centered worship
- Nurture individual relationships with youth to encouraged spiritual growth
- Build relationships among youth, parents, and church members.
- Support adult volunteers in promoting and teaching evangelism to youth
- Teach and equip youth in ways of serving God and growing in their faith
- Assist youth in honoring God in their lives by serving others
- Equip youth with knowledge and resources to enable them to discuss their faith with peers outside of church / youth events
- Provide youth with opportunities for fellowship and community building
- Provide and nurture a caring, open atmosphere for youth activities and promote acceptance of all youth among their peers
- Provide youth with opportunities and leadership in service of others.
Our purpose in ministry is to help raise up future leaders and role models who can clearly articulate their faith in any field or career they chose as an adult. Areas in which ministry focuses on for both middle and high school are:
- EVANGELISM - Acts 1 - 8 To share the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- FELLOWSHIP - Ephesians 2:19 To receive, nurture, hold accountable and encourage each other.
- MINISTRY - Ephesians 2:10 To use our God-given gifts to meet needs of others with love.
- WORSHIP - Romans 12:1 To celebrate God's presence and honor Him in our lifestyles
Flashpoint is our youth group for high school students. It meets Sunday evenings from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. There are group-building games and activities, faith discussions, movie nights, and "destinations unknown" (mini-adventures) that happen each month.
At Flashpoint our focus is on activities that allow us to use our talents in worship, grow spiritually through lively Bible Study, help others who are less fortunate, and have fun in a Christian atmosphere. Members of First English and their friends are always welcome.
Current and past activities include: Movie/Game nights, Bible Study for Teens, Freaky Friday overnight events, Annual Mission Trip / July, Community service opportunities, Volleyball Tournament / Spring, Destinations unknown Christian based mystery tours